Patches to build a shared ELF libbfd.so

Ian Lance Taylor ian@cygnus.com
Mon Mar 6 07:42:00 GMT 1995

   From: hjl@nynexst.com (H.J. Lu)
   Date: Sun, 5 Mar 95 11:01:29 EST

   BTW, I think it is a very good test for the ELF
   support in binutils if you use the binutils to assembler
   and link itself.

These are part of the standard tests of the assembler and linker,
incidentally, for those who are interested in running them.

In gas, do ``make bootstrap''.  CC must run gcc.  This runs a three
stage bootstrap.

In ld, do ``make check''.  You must have DejaGnu installed.  This runs
various tests, including three stage bootstraps using various
different options, and several shared library checks.

I run these tests regularly on ELF, and other, systems.

Ian