Cross-compiling the kernel (Was: binx86 0.2)

Ian Goldberg iagoldbe@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 21 20:41:00 GMT 1994

> Gals, Guys, I'd like to hear the cross-compile kernel stories. I
> tried it under SunOS 4.1.3. But the kernel code has a few endian
> dependent code in ./zBoot.

We fixed those endian problems in zBoot and tools/build.  We now have
a working cross-compile for the Linux kernel that should work on
any big- or little-endian machine with the appropriate tools (a cross-
compiler/assembler, etc).  The patches to the Makefiles and the zBoot
and tools stuff have been sent to Linus.  The 1.1.64 kernel I'm using right
now was compiled on a Solaris 2.3 machine.

Ian Goldberg  University of Waterloo PM+CS
iagoldberg@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

foo(a) { return (a?foo(a&a-1)+1:0); }