gld in gas-941027 is still broken

Ian Lance Taylor ian@cygnus.com
Sat Oct 29 09:27:00 GMT 1994

   From: hjl@nynexst.com (H.J. Lu)
   Date: Sat, 29 Oct 94 0:58:39 EDT

   One more bug in gld of gas-941027 under i486-linuxelf. Again the last
   known working one is gas-941020. This one is kind of subtle. The test
   case is very complicated. You need a shared C++ ELF library for
   iostream in libg++ 2.6.1.

   Jason and I are working on the patches for gcc 2.6.x/2.7.0 so that
   it can generate the shared C++ library for ELF. After building the
   shared C++ iostream library, I ran "make check".  A c++ test case
   was compiled with -fPIC and linked against the shared iostream. The
   test case just hung. But gas-941020 has no such a problem.
   I don't know how to create a test case without the shared C++ ELF
   library.

Could somebody please try to give me a reproducible test case for this
problem?

H.J., can you confirm that this patch was in the sources you were
using?
	* elf32-i386.c (elf_i386_adjust_dynamic_symbol): Don't define the
	symbol to be in the .plt section when generating a shared library
	if it is a defined symbol.

Ian