Issue 43505 in oss-fuzz: elfutils:fuzz-dwfl-core: Use-of-uninitialized-value in handle_file_note

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Mar 17 00:49:46 GMT 2022

Hi,

Does anybody know why/where these message suddenly come from?
There have now been multiple today and yesterday.
Unfortunately the reply-to address seems to just bounce any of my replies.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 05:38:15PM -0700, ClusterFuzz-External via monorail via Elfutils-devel wrote:
> Comment #4 on issue 43505 by ClusterFuzz-External: elfutils:fuzz-dwfl-core: Use-of-uninitialized-value in handle_file_note
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=43505#c4

As one of the comments in this bug report says "it seems MSan doesn't
like unions that aren't initialized explicitly".

But the backtrace given in the report doesn't seem to match the
current elfutils code. So maybe this is against some old elfutils
version?

Cheers,