Doing a 0.186 release on ... Wednesday

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Mon Nov 8 23:26:13 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 04, 2021 at 10:47:31AM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> It has been 5 months since 0.185, there have been ~70 commits by ~15
> people, with ~15 bugzilla entries closed. There is always more to do,
> but I believe current trunk is in pretty good shape. A lot of work was
> done to get the debuginfod tests stable, so that they can always be
> ran and make check should always be green.
>
> If there are some last minute fixes you believe really should go in
> before 0.186 is released, then please sent them to the list asap. But
> we'll try to do the next release in less than 5 months, so there is
> always next time.

I wanted to check some proposed patches and it took a bit longer to
test the LTO fix than anticipated. Given that Monday is already almost
gone lets push out the release to Wedneday to give the last few
changes a little extra testing time and have some extra time to review
other proposed patches.

Cheers,