[patch] PR27783: default debuginfod-urls profile rework

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Oct 7 09:10:41 GMT 2021

Hi Frank,

On Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 07:25:11PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > > +    set debuginfod_urls=`find "@sysconfdir@/debuginfod/" -name '*.urls' | xargs cat | tr '\n' ' '`
> >
> > Can we use cat "@sysconfdir@/debuginfod/*.urls" | tr '\n' ' ' instead
> > so we don't need to rely on findutils and xargs?
>
> One problem with that is that several shells (csh, zsh) throw errors
> when a glob expression has no matches.

Groan. shells...  But there is always the default.url file in there
(elfutils.url). Maybe we could even drop an empty.url file in there
that is just, well, empty. That way the glob always globs?

But if the above is to cumbersome, leave it at find and xargs. I
assume they are normally always installed. And for those distros where
they aren't, they might not want to install a default DEBUGINFOD_URLS
set anyway.

Cheers,