PR: 25978

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 13:12:20 GMT 2021

Hi -

> If they are portions of the full fdcache shouldn't there be a check in
> the code that the specified fdcache_prefetch_fds and
> fdcache_prefetch_mbs aren't larger than fdcache_fds and fdcache_mbs? Or
> maybe they should be given as percentages?

We've iterated on a couple of ways of representing & controlling this.
The code makes the lru and prefetch caches separate, in that they have
separate limits and separate metrics.  So there is no requirement for
the prefetch one to be smaller than the other.  (We will probably want
to tweak the defaults to be a little larger at some point.)

- FChE