Working with ELF already loaded in memory

Sonal Santan sonals@xilinx.com
Thu Jul 8 05:02:43 GMT 2021

Hello,

We are exploring using libdw in XRT, https://github.com/Xilinx/XRT. In the use case we have, the ELF (a shared library) is already loaded in memory as data by an XRT application. In XRT we would like to walk through the DWARF/ELF information embedded in this shared library.

Going through the libdw it appears that all APIs require either a file handle or a file name of the ELF object to create a session. Since we do not have access to the ELF file -- but rather the ELF file contents are already loaded in memory -- is there any other mechanism to create a session for extracting DWARF information using libdw?

Thanks,
-Sonal