Doing a 0.185 elfutils fixup release

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu May 20 10:34:27 GMT 2021

Hi,

Unless people object I like to do a 0.185 release this weekend.

Since 0.184 (released just 10 days ago) we have seen 2 small, but
annoying, regressions. One with the exit code of eu-elfcompress when
nothing has to be done (fixed in commit 43ac25c2de elfcompress: fix
exit status regression in case of "Nothing to do"). And one where when
reusing the debuginfod_client handle might cause a 404 to "stick
around" (fixed in commit 0b454c7e1 PR27859: correct 404-latch bug in
debuginfod client reuse).

Neither is a huge issue, but we would probably ask any distributor to
backport those two fixes when people complain about them. So lets just
do a new 0.185 release from the current trunk and ask everybody to
upgrade to that.

Do feel free to fix other stuff that you feel should go into a 0.185
fixup release.

Cheers,