PATCH: PR27783: debuginfod: fetch default DEBUGINFOD_URLS from systemwide file

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Mon May 3 13:05:42 GMT 2021

Hi -

> [...] But I think that is the nice things about using the
> environment variable to indicate debuginfod-client should be used in
> a specific environment. [...]

This is only a way of making the default more of an opt-out than an
opt-in, and put it into a -single- systemwide spot (instead of two
profile.* files plus all the opt-in systemd unit files).  A daemon
-disinterested- in participating could set the same env var to be an
empty string.

> Also some distros already seem to rely on the profile files, so
> removing them now seems like a bad idea.

Well, nothing stops them from continuing to ship the same files, they
don't need to come from elfutils upstream.

Anyway all that said, I'm neutral on this change.  Any other opinions?

- FChE