debuginfod in ALT linux Ex:Re: Will eu-addr2line support debuginfod?

Vitaly Chikunov vt@altlinux.org
Wed Apr 14 09:37:16 GMT 2021

Frank,

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 02:22:32PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
> > On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 10:23:30AM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > > We could also entertain teaching debuginfod itself to compress on the
> > > fly.  It's just a more tricky use of the libmicrohttpd apis.
> >
> > Btw, JFYI, we have in ALT Linux our own debuginfod implementation (two
> > scripts in ruby based on man debuginfod(8) protocol description) since 27
> > Nov 2020. Maybe it would be useful to know there is alternative
> > implementations too.
>
> Sure, would be glad to link to it, if you send us a URL to the docs/code
> and/or server itself.

Public server https://debuginfod.altlinux.org/
Announcement https://lists.altlinux.org/pipermail/devel/2020-November/212756.html
Wiki page that mentions it https://www.altlinux.org/Debuginfo (in
Russian).

Server code was not intended to be a community project, so the changelog
is a bit ashaming in it's tersity and granularity
  http://git.altlinux.org/people/vt/private/debuginfer.git

Thanks,