Doing an October Surprise 0.182 release

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Oct 30 14:19:00 GMT 2020

Hi all,

Once the latest debuginfod patches and the valgrind make check patch
are in I would like to do a new release. It has only been 2 months
since 0.181, and there have only been ~25 commits since then, but there
are a couple of important (IMHO) bug fixes, specifically the
read_ubyte3_unaligned and sleb128 reading fixes (which have been in the
code for some while, but they are important to get right now that we
are seeing more DWARF5). There are also some new features that are
important to handle newer kernels, like the zstd support and having
debuginfod-find handle compressed (kernel) ELF images. Plus the
cleanups to debuginfod to make it index more efficiently.

I'll try to spin the release this weekend or on Monday at the latest
(although then it wouldn't be an October Surprise anymore :)

Cheers,