[musl] Re: [QUESTION] Which fnmatch() functionality does elfutils depend on?

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 09:19:22 GMT 2020

* Rich Felker:

> As I stated in my other reply, I'm opposed to that because it does not
> admit implementation with the same (very desirable) big-O properties,
> and the "extmatch" syntax is not widely known or widely used.

The syntax comes from ksh and is used in shell scripts.  (bash requires
the extglob option to enable it, which makes it easy to search for
instances.)

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill