ELFUTILS / Embedded configuration

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Tue Oct 13 13:30:06 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Mon, 2020-10-12 at 19:47 -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler via Elfutils-devel
wrote:
> > [...] Can I just remove the library files not appropriate for the
> > architecture at hand - or should i update Makefile.am - rerun
> > automake and do it that way?
>
> Not that easy, there are hard-coded references from
> libebl/eblopenbackend.c.  We could certainly consider patches that
> make this more flexible (see "--enable-targets=XXX,YYY" on other
> toolchain components), where even those few hundred KB are a problem.

I would like such a patch. I would propose --enable-targets=all be the
default, and have a shortcut --enable-targets=native that selects the
native arch and any multilib/arch targets plus BPF when targeting the
linux kernel.

We could also see if we can deprecate, or just remove some targets that
haven't seen any maintenance in years. Thinking of alpha, ia64, sh and
tilegx.

Cheers,