contrasting elfutils debuginfod and clr-debug-info server

Arjan van de Ven arjan@linux.intel.com
Sun Feb 9 17:43:00 GMT 2020

On 2/7/2020 3:47 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Arjan,
>
> I assumed that the buildid.tar files on
> https://download.clearlinux.org/debuginfo/lib/.build-id/ would contain
> the ELF image corresponding to the build-id. Just like the
> buildid.debug.tar contains the separate .debug image. At least, that
> would be how I would handle it. But it seems those files contain
> symlinks. How do those symlinks get resolved?

I think you just found a bug, and I'll take that up with the current maintainer ;-)
we used to "resolve" symlinks on the server by replacing them at the time of content
preparation with their target, so that they become permanently the right content

seems some shuffle broke that; we'll get that fixed