rfc/patch: user-agent distro-description for debuginfod http traffic

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Wed Jan 8 14:49:00 GMT 2020

Hi Frank,

On Mon, 2020-01-06 at 04:53 -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> +debuginfod-client-useragent.h:
> +	if type uname 2>/dev/null; then \
> +		echo '#define DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT_1 "'`uname -sm | sed -e 's, ,/,g'`'"' > $@; \
> +	else \
> +		echo '#define DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT_1 ""' > $@; \
> +	fi
> +	if type lsb_release 2>/dev/null; then \
> +		echo '#define DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT_2 "'`lsb_release -sir | sed -e 's, ,/,g'`'"' >> $@; \
> +	else \
> +		echo '#define DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT_2 ""' > $@; \
> +	fi
> +	echo '#define DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT_1 "," DEBUGINFOD_CLIENT_USERAGENT_2' >> $@

Eep. We really should pick up this info during runtime instead of
during build time. We do want a reproducible build. And this will most
likely produce wrong information if the package build server is on a
different OS or release than the OS/release it is producing packages
for. uname -sm might be "stable", but probably not when cross-
compiling. But where does lsb_release come from? I don't have that on
my systems.

Cheers,