patch 3/3 debuginfod client interruptability

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 09:24:00 GMT 2019

On 11/18/19 2:50 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>> Attached is a variant that adds debuginfod_begin and debuginfo_end
>> (names matching elf/dwarf_begin/end) and adds a debuginfod_client
>> handle to each other function.

Thanks much for doing this!

> Sure, if you like.  Would you be sympathetic to supporting a
> client=NULL entrypoint to the lookup functions, ergo no begin/end, for
> applications that don't want a progressfn callback?  That way the
> simple case looks simple.

I'm not sure that's a good idea.  Creating/destroying the client object
doesn't seem onerous to me.  It'd mask out bugs where the client pointer
becomes NULL by mistake.  As the API evolves, it'll very likely gain more
state.  Seems simpler to me that way from a documentation and maintenance
perspective, that with having everyone use the API in the same way.
My 2c.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves