Accepting GNU Free Documentation Licensed content

Ben Coyote Woodard woodard@redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 19:19:00 GMT 2019

What do you guys think of accepting derived works based upon GNU Free
Documentation Licensed content? https://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3.en.html

As far as I can tell, allowing a project like elfutils the freedom to
fork and derive specialized content is what this license was intended to
do and elfutils use of the various GPL licenses expresses an overall
intention to not restrict user's freedom. The GFDL is in line with that
intention.

e.g. there is readelf and eu-readelf is designed to take the same
options and work the same way but there may be a couple of differences.
Why don't we just fork the readelf man page and describe any differences
that there may be.

-ben