Buildbot failure in Wildebeest Builder on whole buildset

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Jun 28 23:47:00 GMT 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:02:02PM +0000, buildbot@builder.wildebeest.org wrote:
> The Buildbot has detected a failed build on builder whole buildset while building elfutils.
> Full details are available at:
>     https://builder.wildebeest.org/buildbot/#builders/1/builds/376
>
> Buildbot URL: https://builder.wildebeest.org/buildbot/
>
> Worker for this Build: centos-x86_64

The test-suite.log says:

FAIL: run-large-elf-file.sh
===========================

long_bit: 64
space_available: 38
mem_available: 7
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.72662 s, 288 MB/s
addsections 2 testfile38 2147483648
add_sections 'testfile38': 2 (sec_size: 2147483648)
setshstrndx: 10
strip -o testfile38.strip -f testfile38.debug testfile38
elflint --gnu testfile38.strip
No errors
elflint --gnu -d testfile38.debug
No errors
unstrip testfile38.strip testfile38.debug
elfcmp  testfile38.strip
addsections 2 testfile27 2147483648
add_sections 'testfile27': 2 (sec_size: 2147483648)
setshstrndx: 30
strip -o testfile27.strip -f testfile27.debug testfile27
/srv/buildbot/worker/elfutils-centos-x86_64/build/elfutils-0.176/_build/src/strip: while writing 'testfile27.debug.SjHGU1': out of memory

And the config.log has:

        elfutils: 0.176 (eu_version: 176)

    Prefix                             : /srv/buildbot/worker/elfutils-centos-x8
6_64/build/elfutils-0.176/_inst
    Program prefix ("eu-" recommended) : eu-
    Source code location               : ..
    Maintainer mode                    :
    libebl modules subdirectory        : elfutils
    build arch                         : x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

  RECOMMENDED FEATURES (should all be yes)
    gzip support                       : yes
    bzip2 support                      : yes
    lzma/xz support                    : yes
    libstdc++ demangle support         : yes
    File textrel check                 : yes
    Symbol versioning                  : yes

  NOT RECOMMENDED FEATURES (should all be no)
    Experimental thread safety         : no
    install elf.h                      : no

  OTHER FEATURES
    Deterministic archives by default  : false
    Native language support            : yes

  EXTRA TEST FEATURES (used with make check)
    have bunzip2 installed (required)  : yes
    debug branch prediction            : no
    gprof support                      : no
    gcov support                       : no
    run all tests under valgrind       : yes
    gcc undefined behaviour sanitizer  : no
    use rpath in tests                 : no
    test biarch                        : yes

So, this is running the test under valgrind.
In which case we might need even more free memory available.

The test did succeed earlier on the worker, not under valgrind.