Accessing String Table Indexes for .rodata

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Aug 31 12:42:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, 2018-08-31 at 20:35 +0800, Henry C wrote:
> As you mentioned, it is not guaranteed, I wonder under what situation
> Elf64_Shdr::sh_addr won't represent the virtual address of the
> beginning of .rodata section.

Try creating a shared library or compile your application with -pie to
make an ELF executable that isn't mapped at a fixed address. Also not
all ELF files will have a section table, some might only have program
headers. In that case you cannot even locate the .rodata section since
it will just be part of some segment.