pending patches

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann@qt.io
Wed May 3 16:04:00 GMT 2017

> - Check for -z,defs, -z,relro, -fPIC, -fPIE before using them
>   There are actually two versions, I haven't looked yet how they differ.

There was a typo in tests/Makefile.am which I fixed in the second version. This change actually doesn't disable symbol versioning or rpath. It just conditionally disables PIC, PIE, making sections read-only after relocations, and the assertion that all symbols are defined. This is because on some platforms these are implicitly guaranteed or not applicable and gcc will complain about the "redundant" flags.

> - Check if gcc complains about __attribute__ (visibility(..))

This also doesn't disable anything critical. It just makes all symbols visible if the check fails. On some platforms the visibility of symbols cannot be handled with attributes.

> - Disable symbol versioning if .symver doesn't work

Actually there already is a configure switch to disable symbol versioning. We can use that ...

cheers,
Ulf