Write access to CVS via ssh+cvs

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards@gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:38:00 GMT 2012


On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 04:41:09PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

>> I don't recall ever setting up a public key, so I tried that:
>>
>>   $ ssh sourceware.org appendkey < id_rsa.pub
>>   Permission denied (publickey).
>> 
>> I'm not sure what to do next.  How do you set up a public key without
>> having already set up a public key?
> 
> Yes you wouldn't be able to use appendkey unless you've already got
> an existing working key.
> 
> Here is the public key that is set up in your account. Does this help you
> identify where it came from?

Ah yes -- it hadn't occurred to me that I would have set up access for
that machine.  I did an appendkey from that machine to add my other
public key, and everything's working as expected now.

Thanks!

-- 
Grant



More information about the Ecos-maintainers mailing list