Proposal for processing patches for the eCos 2.0 branch

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Sat Apr 12 05:00:00 GMT 2003


Andrew Lunn wrote:
 >John Dallaway wrote:
>>There is still quite a bit of work to be done on the configtool 
>>for 2.0 final so we might consider excepting configtool code from this 
>>process.
> 
> 
> Please could you elaborate on the configtool issues. 
> 
> I used it yesterday for the first time to do the requested testing of
> 2.0b1. I ran into problems running the test cases. Quite a few times
> it did not detect when the test case had finished. I also had gdb
> protocol errors with signal4. Running the tests by hand worked
> fine. Are these known issues? Do i need to create bugzilla entries?

I don't think I ever saw a reply to this, so if this is still reproducable 
with a snapshot from http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml 
then bugzilla it.

> The testing of AFE1 passed. I used the HAL from 1.5.2 since this is
> not in 2.0b1. I then tried to put Redboot in the boot block rather
> than using ascom's POST as the boot block and killed the board :-(
> This is probably my error in building the image since its not a normal
> setup. Time to find a JTAG programmer.

Glad AFE sorta worked, and hope you got it sorted!

Jifl
-- 
eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The eCos and RedBoot experts
--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine



More information about the Ecos-maintainers mailing list