FWD: Re: pxa250 contribution

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Nov 7 04:59:00 GMT 2002


Andrew Lunn wrote:
>>Just paranoia: Knud hasn't based this on Intel's PXA250 port has he? i.e. 
>>he wrote the entire port himself?
> 
> 
> Err, no idea. I very quickly scanned the code. There is nothing
> obvious like names of intel people, email address, headers
> etc. msalter, gthomas appear in some of the header files. It looks
> like he copied them from one of the other HALs.
 >
> If i ask him is that enough

Yeah, I'd say so.

 > or should i compare it against the Intel
> code? (Where is it by the way? I guess there is a link from the
> Contrib page or something. Not gone looking yet).

Intel haven't ever contacted us about it, and I've never found a link to 
their code, so there's nothing on the contrib page. I only ever found an 
unofficial code dump from Montevista! ftp://source.mvista.com/pub/xscale/pxa/

I should whinge at them about their licence. It contradicts the RHEPL.

Jifl
-- 
eCosCentric       http://www.eCosCentric.com/       <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine



More information about the Ecos-maintainers mailing list