[ECOS] Using docker as wayback machine

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:38:00 GMT 2016

Hi

If you move(d) on x86_64 and want to continue work with your old eCos
projects you would try to use Docker for that. Perhaps someone finds
this way useful.

A short story by the subject.

Yesterday I needed to build 6-years old RedBoot image on 64-bit Linux
host and I successfully built it using <32-bit> docker container.  There
is an example of `Dockerfile' for building one old eCos project for ARM
target below.  As you can see for <i386/ubuntu> image you need to
install only GNU Make and Tcl interpreter (it uses to run heapgen.tcl
script) CURL is an option as you can use Docker [COPY] command to build
own image(s).

Sergei

   ----------------------------------------------------------------->8
   FROM i386/ubuntu

   RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends \
   curl \
   make \
   tcl \
   && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

   ### If you want to build "tip", change the next line accordingly!
   ENV ECOS_INSTALL_VERSION ae816c83f082

   # To reduce download times, please choose the site nearest to you
   # http://ecos.sourceware.org/mirror.html

   RUN install -d /opt/ecos/tools/bin && curl -sL http://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs/ecos-tools-bin-110209.i386linux.tar.bz2 | tar -xjf - -C /opt/ecos/tools/bin ecosconfig

   RUN curl -sL http://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/ecos/gnutools/i386linux/ecos-gnutools-arm-eabi-20120623.i386linux.tar.bz2 | tar -xjf - -C /opt/ecos

   RUN curl -sL http://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/ecos/archive/${ECOS_INSTALL_VERSION}.tar.bz2 | tar -xjf - -C /opt/ecos

   ENV ECOS_REPOSITORY /opt/ecos/ecos-${ECOS_INSTALL_VERSION}/packages

   ENV PATH /opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-eabi/bin:/opt/ecos/tools/bin:${PATH}