[ECOS] Re: is eCos dying?

Alex Schuilenburg alexs@ecoscentric.com
Tue Oct 13 19:38:00 GMT 2015

On 06/10/15 08:51, Richard Rauch wrote:
> Additionally I need to say, that you will be thwarted, if you try to offer
> commercial activities as well.
Not by eCosCentric and there are other commercial entities which offer
various activities w.r.t. eCos.

>   If you are not absolutely carefully about
> usage of eCos name and logo, you will get some letters from eCosCentric's
> lawyer!
Like most other sensible companies, we only involve lawyers as a last
resort when emails, letters and registered letters sent over several
weeks get ignored and there is no other option.  And of course when
lawyers get involved....

If it makes you feel any better, eCosCentric also have had contributions
turned down by maintainers (not for technical or quality reasons I
should add :-). However, we also have had a fair amount accepted, but
certainly not through coercion or control as you suggest.

-- Alex Schuilenburg
http://www.ecoscentric.com/