[ECOS] redboot on STM3240G-EVAL board

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:45:00 GMT 2014

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014, Oleg Uzenkov wrote:

> 4. Build app.elf now for RAM startup.

First, check that application runs as expected in GDB (reset board)

  <cross>-gdb -q -nx app.elf
  (gdb) target remote <serial_device>
  (gdb) load
  (gdb) continue

If you see the expected output, then try the below as

> 5. Transfer app.elf to redboot via serial xmodem
> I transfer it to external ram first.
>
> RedBoot> load -r -m xmodem -b 0x64010000

Do not use -r(aw), and -b(ase) switches if you load *ELF* images. If you
use serial port, load ELFs as

  RedBoot> load -m x

> 6. Create fis entry for the app
>
> RedBoot> fis create -b 0x64010000 -f 0x08040000 app

Again, no need to force base address, if the previous command was
`load' (load of ELF). Just type

  RedBoot> fis create <name>

Thus, do not use odd switches if you load and save ELFs on FIS, do

  RedBoot> load -m x
  RedBoot> fis create <name>
  RedBoot> fis load <name>
  RedBoot> go

Also I suggest to use standard eCos tests (RAM builds) as the first
eCos applications, i.e. `make tests' and play with them (load and go).

HTH

Sergei