[ECOS] Building eCos.

kalibar6 kalibar6@tlen.pl
Wed Apr 2 19:52:00 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to play a bit with eCos on STM32F4 Discovery board. I am
working under Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit). I know that in downloaded binaries
there is no support for this platform. I have to download source files from
CVS repository and compile them myself. OK. I have downloaded them:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

System variable $ECOS_REPOSITORY has been set up to my downloaded files:
/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/packages

Now after multiple approaches I can't get this thing fully compiled and
installed. In main source folder I have created folder 'build' and run
configure script and make and install:

/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/configure
--prefix=/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/build --with-tcl=/usr/lib/tcl8.4
--with-tk=/usr/lib/tk8.4
make
sudo make install

Some files are getting compiled/build but not all of them. There is still
lack of GUI for eCos configuration and package for for my board does not
seem to build. I would really appreciate some help on this matter as I have
spend quite a lot of time on this and got stuck in dead end with no help
from README files nor google.