[ECOS] Re: Building C++ application for eCos on ARM

cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler uwe.kindler@cetoni.de
Tue Sep 17 14:41:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

we also had an own library that uses stl and we managed to build it for
eCos uSTL. We did the following

1.
We created an stl compatibility layer: a folder that contains the stl
include files for eCos:
vector
string
map

2.
Each of these include files contains the same content - it simply
includes ustl_compat.h file

#ifndef ustl_compat_vectorH
#define ustl_compat_vectorH
#include "ustl_compat.h"

#endif

3.
The ustl_compat.h file contains the following code:

#ifndef ustl_compatH
#define ustl_compatH
#include <ustl.h>

#define std ustl

#endif // ustl_compatH

So it simply includes the ustl.h header file and defines the
preprocessor macro std. So each occurence of std::vector will be
replaced by ustl::vector

This worked for us and we could compile the library.