[ECOS] Re: Building C++ application for eCos on ARM

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Wed Sep 11 08:03:00 GMT 2013

Hi Jabran

On 10/09/13 20:13, Jabran Bhatti wrote:

> So I had a look at the uSTL package and it indeed incorporates most
> C++ STL features.
> The problem is, however, that I am using an external (open source)
> library. That library has been built using STL, i.e., the header and
> source files are filled with STL header file includes and namespace
> 'std::' references. It is a rather complex task to adjust each of the
> these files.

You might consider a scripted global string substitution "std::" ->
"ustl::" as part of your build system. Otherwise, I suggest you look at
Erik Aagaard Knudsen's work on libstdc++ for eCos. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-09/msg00023.html

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer