[ECOS] adding a package with configtool fails

Bob Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:39:00 GMT 2013

Am 08.03.2013 13:40, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2013, Bob Brusa wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I moved eCos and tools and the sourcecode of project P2 to a new(er)
>> pc (W7).  Actually I had already done an eCos-related project P1 on
>> this pc and hence, I know that everything is working, but P2 needs a
>> (user written) package, not yet included in eCos:
>>
>> - When adding this package with configtool>Tools>Administration and
>> opening the corresponding epk-file, configtool does not report any
>> errors, but the added package is still not part of ecos.
>>
>> When performing this same operation with the same epk-file on the
>> previous old PC, it works. There seems to be something missing on my
>> new pc. But how to find out what?
>
> Hi Bob
>
> May be your installation lacks Tcl.  Try from cygwin bash prompt
>
>    tclsh "${ECOS_REPOSITORY}"/ecosadmin.tcl list
>
> if this works, then
>
>    tclsh "${ECOS_REPOSITORY}"/ecosadmin.tcl add foo.epk
>

> Sergei
>
>> Thanks for advice and best regards - Bob
>>

>> --
>> Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos

Hi Sergei,
In cygwin-terminal I get the following response:

rwb@w500 ~
$ tclsh ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/ecosadmin.tcl list
ecosadmin error: parsing /home/rwb/c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/packages/ecos.db:
couldn't open "/home/rwb/c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/packages/ecos.db": no such
file or directory

No idea why it adds /home/rwb/ in front of the correctly specified
ECOS_REPOSITORY variable.

On the other hand, when changing to the packages directory - the list is
printed out:

rwb@w500 ~
$ cd ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}

rwb@w500 /opt/ecos/packages
$ tclsh ecosadmin.tcl list
CYGPKG_HAL: current
CYGPKG_INFRA: current...<cut>

Any further advice to make it work also from configtool?
Thank you and regards - Bob