[ECOS] fstream support conflicts w/ networking package

Ken Yee kenkyee@excite.com
Mon Sep 24 16:15:00 GMT 2012

Forgot to post about this problem/workaround that I hit a while back.
If you see an error like this:

.../ecos_install/include/ustl/config.h:96:52: error: declaration of C function ‘int ioctl(int, CYG_ADDRWORD, ...)’ conflicts with
.../ecos_install/include/sys/ioctl.h:86:5: error: previous declaration ‘int ioctl(int, long unsigned int, ...)’ here

It's because the fstream package conflicts w/ the networking package.
I tried doing all sorts of #undefs and #defines to try to work around it w/ no luck, so I ended up just removing the fstream package which luckily wasn't needed and is a bit of a memory hog anyways...

Now at least the ecos mailing list search engine will find it if anyone else hits it :-)

 ken