[ECOS] Re: eCos arm-eabi GNU tools - test release 4.6.3-20120623

Stanislav Meduna stano@meduna.org
Wed Jun 27 16:38:00 GMT 2012

On 27.06.2012 18:22, David Fernandez wrote:

>> You will find multilibs for all architectures of interest for eCos under
>> gnutools/arm-eabi/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.6.3/ directory. This multilib
>> configuration is produced by gcc-4.6.3-ecos-120524_t-arm-elf.diff.
>
> Ilija, are you then saying that gcc does not do it right as-is, and we
> need to patch it?

FWIW I do not remember such problems - I am compiling for an ARM9
and a thumb2 with the same toolchain and it works. I did not test
4.6.3 specifically, but it worked for 4.5.something compiled
under MinGW (although with other problems) and works for 4.7
canadian cross (built on linux targeting MinGW and compiling
for eCos).

As far as I remember the abovementioned patch only tweaks what
multilibs from the zillion possible actually get build.

I can't rule out some other patch affecting it, but in case
of such problems I'd suspect some bash/autotools/make/sed/whatever
incompatibility first. Trying in a from-scratch environment
is the first step.

--
                                       Stano