[ECOS] AT91SAM7S256 problem with test/example twothreads

Jesper K. Pedersen linux@famped.dk
Tue Jun 19 13:17:00 GMT 2012

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:43:02 +0200
"Jesper K. Pedersen" <linux@famped.dk> wrote:

> I am at my wits end getting the twothreads example working on my
> Olimex P256 board (AT91SAM7S256 based).
>
> Calling the cyg_mutex_init does not return. Also I notice that the
> call to the printf line before the call to cyg_mutex_init prints
> extremely slow on my terminal.
>
> I have set the default console up to tty0 going to ser0. This part
> works fine with my other software running on the board (normal
> expected transmission speed).
>
> Are there any "gotcha'" involving threading on the AT91 series
> microcontrollers?

Problem was solved.

For some reason if you put any output function (printf's) in the
cyg_user_start the threading will hang.

Removing all output will allow for threading and the example works as
expected.

I wonder if this is intended or if its a bug in the A91SAM7 eCos.

Best regards
JesperKP