[ECOS] RE: Troubles when develop app with Kwikstik

tangwei tziang@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:56:00 GMT 2012

Dear all,

    I have a FreeScale's Kwikstik board,and have troubles when develop with it as below

setp1:Use the default redboot setting for KwikStik,and then download the bin into the flash,
then connect the COM,I get the below string on the computer,it seems the redboot is OK.

Platform: Freescale KwikStik (Cortex-M4)
RAM: 0x1fff8000-0x20007000 [0x1fffb6a8-0x20007000 available]
RedBoot>

step2:Prepare the app from the examples directory (ELF fomart)
If I use the default kernel setting(the startup setting is ROM),build the examples with the kernel,
get the hello(elf fomart).
then use the gdb tool download the hello
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyUSB0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyUSB0
0x00003aa2 in ?? ()
(gdb) load hello
Load failed
(gdb)

if I use the starup setting SRAM for the kernel,then do as above

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyUSB0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyUSB0
0x00003aa2 in ?? ()
(gdb) load hello
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

I want to download the app to the RAM for debug,so I think the second kernel startup setting is right,
but I don't know somewhere else to make the change,
can anyone help me,where is the bug, and how to debug?

Thanks.