[ECOS] IPv6 testing

kross@elands.co.nz kross@elands.co.nz
Thu Oct 13 01:53:00 GMT 2011

Hi Laurie,

We have an automated test system in Fitnesse/TestNG which tests all existing functionality include IPv4 features. For this product revision IPv6 is required,and we have not to date done any bench testing. We are still in resource planning. We sell thousands per year so we need to be quite careful with testing.

The product interfaces all our other rectifier products to snmp V1/V2/V3 and http/s (among other interfaces) with IPv4. The test requirement is time bound. We will do the testing here (in China really) but it will take time to set. We could create a simulated network but I am a little uneasy about real world/simulation match.

Defects are addressed through Jira at the moment.

At this point I am asking for opinions on testing IPv6 from people who have done it.

Keith