[ECOS] RE : JFFS2 for NAND flash file system

Paul MAILLET paulmaillet37@gmail.com
Tue May 17 10:15:00 GMT 2011

> There's a YAFFS port for eCos, which is targetted specifically for NAND parts.

Yes, YAFFS should have been the solution if it was under the same
license of eCos.

> At the moment, NAND support is not in the eCos trunk, so to get it working you'd have to start with the public trunk, then pull from the nand-ecoscentric repository on
> http://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/. YAFFS has its own license so is in a separate repository named yaffs-ecoscentric-gpl.

>You haven't said which board you're using, so it's likely that you will also need to add NAND support to the board HAL (and possibly a chip driver for whatever is on that board).

My board is an ERTEC200 evalution board (DevKit) from SIEMENS. For the
flash, it uses the general flash support package with a specific flash
memory device support (AMD AM29XXXXX). The ERTEC and board
architecture support are provided with the DK.

The problem with this DK is that the eCos version is not fixed, it
seems to be post eCos v2 but pre eCos v3.0. Is there a mean to know
the exact version I use?

I downloaded the YAFFS package (file .epk) to evaluate it, but I was
unable to add the package to the repository, the configuration tool
ended with an error when importiong the .epk file...

Regards,
Paul