[ECOS] eCos Test programs serial output format?

Yurij Grechishhev yurij.grechishhev@gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 23:07:00 GMT 2011

2011/3/30 Richard Rauch <rrauch@itrgmbh.de>:
> Hi All,
>
> When running tests like tm-basic, there are log outputs to serial interface.
> Is this pure ASCII? Or do I need on host side a terminal emulation or
> something special? (e.g. when using Hyperterminal)

Hi,
You need to set CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER to "GDB" if you want to see
log in the gdb output window.
In this case output messages will be converted into a gdb format.

If you don't use gdb stub, set CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER to "None" and
CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN to "true".
In this case messages will be passed in raw ASCII.