[ECOS] Question about ARM processors above Cortex-M3

Eigil Krogh Sørensen eisor@tcelectronic.com
Thu Mar 24 17:32:00 GMT 2011

As far as I can find out there is no support for Cortex processors above M3 (M4, R4(F), A8..). The eCos arm-eabi-gcc for cygwin is v. 4.3 and support for the M4, R4(F) and A8 is introduces in gcc-4.4.

. Is there any special reason for that?
. Is work being done, to make a gcc >= 4.4 for cygwin?
. If e.g. we choose to use the R4(F) or A8 will code compiled for Cortex-M3 with arm-eabi-gcc 4.3 then run on those processors and utilize the Cahes ?
. Is there any way we can utilize the VFPv3 floating point processor in C/C++ ?

Thanks in advance.

Best
EISOR
\Eigil