[ECOS] Re: Dividing by zero does NOT generate exception

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards@gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:21:00 GMT 2011

On 2011-03-04, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-04, Quanren Xiong <xiongqr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am using ECOS 2.0.33.  To my suprise, the following code does NOT
>> generate an exception.
>>
>> "int b=1; int c=b/0;" The value in variable c will be 0.

> You're expecting a run-time exception from something that doesn't
> actually execute at runtime.

I think I got that one wrong.  For some reason I convinced myself you
were talking about static variables, but the second initialize isn't
lebal for a static initializer.

Perhaps your processor doesn't generate an exception for integer
divide by zero?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The PINK SOCKS were
                                  at               ORIGINALLY from 1952!!