[ECOS] Re: How to use IP/UDP/TCP checksum offload HW?

Jay Foster jay@systech.com
Tue Jun 7 16:06:00 GMT 2011

On 6/7/2011 7:41 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> So how do we progress this? Should we offline exchange the mods we've
>>> each tried (code and CDL)?
> I won't have any hardware available until Q4.  So I probably won't be
> ble to spend much time on it for a few months.
>
>> I am going to need the same soon only with lwIP. Recent on-chip
>> Ethernet controllers provide for some IP processing so IMO we should
>> address this issue generally. Is there place for some community
>> project?
> There are a number of svn/git/hg/whatever hosting sites that could be
> used.  IIRC, somebody had set up a site to host eCos-related stuff, I
> guess this is it:
>
>    http://ecosx.sourceforge.net/
>
> It doesn't look like it's been touched for 5 years, but the guy who
> set it up is still active on other projects on sourceforge.
>
> One question in my mind is whether it needs to be run-time
> configurable on a per-interface basis, or can it be a global,
> build-time option.

My view is that it should be either (or both) run-time or CDL
configurable on a per-interface basis.  When using more than one network
interface, one cannot assume that the each have the same capabilities.

Jay