[ECOS] Re-use RedBoot RAM segment in the application

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Sun Jul 3 11:33:00 GMT 2011

On 07/03/2011 12:50 AM, Elad Yosef wrote:
> But My RedBoot code is running directly from the ROM.
> What you are saying is that when the application is calling "UART
> write" for example
> The code which runs is the RedBoot code from the ROM, which I agree about it.
> But all the parameters I think they are located on the calling
> Thread's stack, Am I wrong here?

Even when RedBoot runs in ROM, there are static data which it uses (not
everything can be kept on stacks).

As I said below (top posting is evil BTW), if your application is built
with CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR == 1, then you *will* need the data
segment of RedBoot to remain intact.