[ECOS] Re-use TFTP client from RedBoot into eCos Kernel

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 11:36:00 GMT 2011

Please, do not top post.

Hi,

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, Elad Yosef wrote:

> Hi,
> Had to Check again with my HW guys the final RAM amout.  Not enough
> RAM for CYGPKG_NET.
> I'll have to use LwIP, Do you think It is easy to export just the
> client from CYGPKG_NET_TFTP?

IMO, that would be quite straightforward if LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS is
active. As you can see TFTP stuff uses the classic BSD stack

% nm  net/common/current/src/net_common_tftp_client.o | grep U
         U bind
         U close
         U diag_printf
         U freeaddrinfo
         U getaddrinfo
         U inet_ntop
         U memcpy
         U recvfrom
         U select
         U sendto
         U socket

It seems only INET_NTOP(3) is something absent in lwIP.

Unfortunately, CYGPKG_NET_LWIP does not provide a needed interface
CYGPKG_NET_STACK, so, it seems for me you cannot just replace BSD stack
by lwIP stuff and get a built-in TFTP support from net/common via CDLs,
but, I want to believe that you can get the TFTP client on a user-land
side your lwIP project and that can be in 99%  'net/common' TFTP code.

Sergei