[ECOS] Basic question about porting to Xilinx PPC440

Mikhail Matusov matusov@squarepeg.ca
Tue Mar 30 06:26:00 GMT 2010

Hello all,

First of all, I was wondering if anyone has already ported eCos to this
architecture? I know there is a PPC405 port for Xilinx ML403 evaluation
board. Could someone kindly explain to a relative newbie what is involved in
porting this to a different PPC? Xilinx provides low level generic drivers
for all its peripherals. There are also linux drivers available for the new
platform (ML507/510 boards) as part of the Open Source Linux project by
Xilinx. So, another question is how difficult would it be to port a linux
driver to eCos?

Thanks,
/Mikhail