[ECOS] Replacing CVS - decision time

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Fri Mar 19 07:01:00 GMT 2010

> But back to Windows support.  The most recent version of msysgit is
> broken (at least on my Windows 7 machine), and Oyvind reports 1.7 cygwin
> git support for ssh to be broken.  QED IMO.

I shouldn't be saying this, since I prefer git over hg, but msysgit and
cygwin git can not operate safely on the same git repository in their
latest versions as of writing.

I saw the index get corrupted(easily corrected).

So: do *all* git operations in msysgit if you start out with msysgit due to e.g.
git + ssh problems in cygwin.

--
Meet us in Paris at rts EMBEDDED SYSTEMS 2010 - March 30. and April 1.
http://www.zylin.com/events_rts.html

Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer