[ECOS] Replacing CVS - decision time

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Tue Mar 16 08:16:00 GMT 2010

>> - I place the apps I work on in a git repository and
>> I want to make eCos a submodule. How do I manage
>> that if the eCos repository is hg?
>
> Maybe one of these could help:
>
>  http://hg-git.github.com/
>  http://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Interfaces,_frontends,_and_tools#Mercurial

I don't like the idea that I'd have to maintain this myself. Doesn't sound
very robust :-)

> I'm not sure what you mean by "official forks", but there are plenty of
> options for those who can't or don't want to host their own
> repositories:
>
>  http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MercurialHosting

What I want is a way for forks of eCos to be organized in a way that
they are available to everyone. Does using hg mean that we get
this feature?

It would make www.ecosforge.net pretty much obsolete. www.ecosforge.net
is organized as submodules/subrepositories of eCos.

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00