[ECOS] Re: Flash support for ea2648 target

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 08:47:00 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

[Add Youqiang Zou to CC]

>>> As I could understand, it is possible the same definition should be added
>>> to current platform specific driver. But, Youqiang also pointed that he
>>> use other flash parts, so, do not apply his lines as is. To know what the
>>> macro is (does), please, refer to eCos documentation:
>>>
>>> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-flash.html
>>> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-flash-v2-dev.html
>>>
>>> Sergei
>>
>> Hi, Sergei,
>>   Thanks for documentation.
>>   Can you ask Youqiang Zou that how did he add CYG_FLASH_DRIVER
>> defination?? If he gives us example then i will add according to my device.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Viren
>
> I was looking the cludges when I got his e-mail and I'd seen that he did
> CC to the list, but, may be he is not subscribed to the list, so, you have
> got no copy. Well, he wrote

         Youqiang> Refered to the arm_aim711_flash.c, I changed the
         Youqiang> flash_ea2468.c as the below list.

         Youqiang> // The EA LPC2468 OEM board has one SST 39VF3201 part
         Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE (1)
         Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_SERIES     (1)
         Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH      (16)
         Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE       (0x80000000)

[drop some implementation details]

         Youqiang> I had not the EA2468 board, my platform is:
         Youqiang> Platform: LPC2478 Board (ARM7TDMI-S)
         Youqiang> RAM: 0xa0000000-0xa2000000 [0xa000aac8-0xa1ffc000 available]
         Youqiang> FLASH: 0x81000000-0x811fffff, 512 x 0x1000 blocks

I assume that is the real RedBoot's output and that looks like that
CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE address was pointed on 0x81000000. Other chip select
pin? So, check that too. Also, CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH says about 16-bit.

They said here
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-flash-library.html
Will Robinson!

Sergei