[ECOS] Re: eCos package for Atmel at91sam9260ek board

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Mon Jan 4 08:24:00 GMT 2010

Hi Nodir

Nodir Kodirov wrote:

> I am trying to port eCos on Atmel's AT92SAM9260 board. I found it is
> already done and details are in
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc.cgi/html/ecospro-ref/arm-sam9260ek-setup.html.
> In order to build Redboot I should run command:
> $ ecosconfig new at91sam9260ek redboot
> which gives me "Unknown target at91sam9260ek".
>
> Also, I think I shoud have
> $ cd $ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/arm/arm9/sam9260ek
> directory, which I could not find even after eCos repository update.
>
> It seems I should buy those packages from eCosCentric, is it right?

The board support referred to in the documentation you cite is indeed
available from eCosCentric only. Another option is to create your own
port based on one of the existing free eCos ports to other AT91SAM926x
parts. For example, Ronetix has ported eCos to the AT91SAM9261:

  http://download.ronetix.info/sk-eb926x/ecos/

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer