[ECOS] Re: STM32 ROM .bin does not start

Bernhard Gebert bernhard_gebert@web.de
Sun Jan 3 19:32:00 GMT 2010

Sergei Gavrikov schrieb:
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 01:57:46PM +0100, Bernhard Gebert wrote:
>
>> Hello John,
>>
>> thank you for the hints.
>>
>> Now I modified the _rom.ldi and _rom.h, they look quite similar to
>> those of the AT91SAM7S256 now.
>>

> [snip]
>

>> I also deleted the RAM relocation from SROM to SRAM in
>> hal_reset_vsr().
>>
>> But, still no success.
>>

> Hello Bernhard,
>
> Have not success with..? The UART's output? As you did mention you did
> bring up some _amateur_ hardware based on STM32 CPU, didn't you?  Did
> you managed on your hardware the simplest application, well, like LED
> flasher even without eCos? It would be great to know such things to do
> futher brain storming activity.  Can you confirm that some downloaded
> (or self built) flasher.{bin,hex} ran smoothly on your target. Had you
> such a success with the same application(s) on your target?
>
> Sergei
>

>> Brg, Bernhard

Hello Sergei,

yes, I did some tests with my hardware:
* read / write to flash memory
* selfmade C++ project with gcc
* UART1, some debug LEDs and CAN are working

further tests I've done:
* built the same eCos examples for the AT91SAM7X256-EK (also homebrew
hw), running correctly
* now trying to toggle a debug LED in my tests to see something without
the UART

As I went through the HAL's startup-code, I am quite sure that not even
the function hal_reset_vsr() gets called. I can not set a debug LED
inside at least.

Brg,
Bernhard