[ECOS] Unpredictable interrupt response time

Nikolay Marusov nmarusov@gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:15:00 GMT 2010

Hi fiends,

I have interrupt handler of the highest priority invoked every 10 ms
at EA2468 target. Current time can be latched precisely from FPGA, so
I can measure interrupt latencies. Mean interrupt latency is about 300
us but there are periodical or spontaneous lags up to 1 ms. It
is too much for my application! I've unloaded almost all eCos packages
and switched off all user's handlers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I'm puzzled what event (what packadge) in eCos may cause the
system to behave like this?

Time behaviour and response time histograms can be found here:
http://vo.nfi.kiae.ru/pub/eCos/Interrupt_statistics+ADC.pdf
http://vo.nfi.kiae.ru/pub/eCos/Interrupt_statistics.pdf

Oscillograms show the 50 Hz filtering of the signal from industrial
electrical network.

Cheers,
Nikolay.